Our Sunbeam program at North View is a Bible-study club for children ages 18 months through grade 3. This 7-year program, founded by the Women's Missionary Auxiliary of the BMA, is dedicated to studying God's Word, the history and work of the church, and the missionary efforts of the Baptist Missionary Association of America. We at North View offer classes every Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
Each week our children participate in singing, bible lessons, memory verses and special projects for our missions.
Every 3rd Wednesday of the month, we study about interstate or foreign missions which include information about the state or country, missionary and food from that area.
North View Missionary Baptist Church's Sunbeams also visit nursing homes where they sing songs and visit with the residents.
Our Sunbeam's recent special projects list includes:
- Gather plastic shopping bags for WMA mat weave project
- Deliver food items to our church food pantry
- Collect money for the National Sunbeam Project, "Shepherd's Bags"
- Acts of Kindness: collecting school supplies for our next-door neighbor, Lynch Drive Elementary School
- Collect children's underwear for children in Ghana, Africa (support of Ghana Missions)
- Collect flip-flops for children in Ghana, Africa (support of Ghana Missions)
Ministry Type: Education
Last Updated ( Monday, 03 March 2014 17:09 )